There is no better way to start the new year than to cleanse your body of all the bad stuff left behind by the outgoing year. One of the best ways to do that is through natural remedies like consuming certain foods and spices.
No medicine can cure cold, cough and breath related problems, but numerous remedies can treat some cold, cough and breath related problems. Choosing the right remedy to avoid any adverse effects on the body is important. There are many ways to naturally cure a cold, cough and breath-related problems.
Cold causes, symptoms and natural remedies
The common cold is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract, which includes the nose, throat, and sinuses. A variety of viruses cause colds, and there is no one cure.
- A runny nose
- A sore throat
Some natural remedies include drinking plenty of fluids, resting, and gargling with warm salt water.
Coughing and natural remedies
Coughing is a common reflex that helps to clear the throat and airways of irritants. It is usually caused by a cold or flu but can also be caused by allergies, smoke, or dust. Coughing can be a nuisance, but there are ways to help relieve it.
Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cough
Natural home remedies offer many ways to get rid of a cough.
- Most people find that drinking lots of fluids helps to thin out mucus and make coughing easier.
- Steamy showers can also help to loosen mucus and make it easier to cough up.
- Humidifiers help to keep the air moist, which can also help thin out mucus.
- Drinking warm tea with honey can help to soothe the throat and calm a cough.
- Chicken soup is also a popular home remedy for coughs. It is thought to help because it is warm and comforting and contains ingredients that can help break up mucus.
Also Read About Difference Between a Cold, Covid, Or Flu?
Breath related problems
Many breath-related problems can occur. Some of these problems include shortness of breath, trouble breathing, and difficulty breathing. Various things, including asthma, COPD, bronchitis, and pneumonia, can cause these problems.
Many home remedies can help to improve breathing and respiratory problems.
- Inhaling steam: Inhaling steam can help loosen mucus and phlegm, making breathing easier. Add a few drops of eucalyptus or peppermint oil to boiling water, drape a towel over your head, and inhale the vapours for 10-15 minutes.
- Drinking warm liquids: Warm liquids can help to thin mucus, making it easier to expel. Try sipping hot water with lemon, herbal tea, or chicken soup.
- Gargling salt water: Gargling salt water can help to soothe a sore or scratchy throat. Mix 1 teaspoon salt with 8 ounces of warm water and gargle for 30 seconds. Spit the solution out after gargling.
- Using a humidifier: A humidifier can add moisture to the air, which can help to loosen mucus and make it easier to breathe. Be sure to clean your humidifier regularly to prevent mould and bacteria growth.
- Practicing deep breathing: Deep breathing can help to improve lung function and ease breathing difficulties. Sit or lie in a comfortable position, and slowly inhale and exhale through your nose.